Estimated annual earnings after the 1st year of operation.
Dog Day-Care Franchise
Starts from £9,999+VAT
Before we dive in, let’s highlight a few fundamentals. As with everything, there are no guarantees in life.
These factors influence the numbers: Location, location, location (did we repeat that enough?), investment, training, culture, breadth of offering, competitive forces, pricing, pet demand, quality of staff, transport offering and your own application…all have their part to play in how much you can earn.
In trying to make sense of the numbers there are a lot of variables to consider. If the land or premises are sitting their begging, or the landowner sees renting/leasing you the site as a better income than they’re currently yielding then that makes it interesting.
We have met day-care owners who were already sitting on the land and premises, one who was offered the land for a stipend as long as the owner’s dog came for free and they maintained the land, plus others who have proactively found farmers, landowners or landlords and gone out and done their deal. Here’s are a few examples on the numbers, but you must do your own homework and corroborate our assumptions.
MyWaggyTails Doggy Day-Care Centre
|5 Year Licence Fee – inc 25% off introductory fee||£9,999 + VAT|
|Our ‘Helping hand’ staggered investment option|
Our ‘Helping Hand’ investment package lets you kick start your business with an initial investment for your licence of £5,999 + VAT, followed by 4 annual payments of £1,350 + VAT
|5 Year Licence Fee – Standard price||£12,500 + VAT|
Alternative fee options
|Lifetime licence*||£13,999 + VAT|
|5 Year renewal licence||£5,999 + VAT|
Annual royalties or subscription model
7% of all sales
(Management 4%; Marketing Support 3%)
|Annual subscription||£7,500 + VAT|
Included in your annual royalty/subscription: –
Not included in your annual royalty/subscription
See separate information sheet
|Correct as at April 2019|
MyWaggyTails provides you a ‘business in a box’. We take you through initial planning, help you understand your legal obligations, train you in dog first aid, canine behaviour and canine welfare as well as the key aspects of running a dog business, prepare the necessary documentation, providing your petcare insurance and getting you licenced, giving you your web presence and promotional literature, helping you launch your business to the local market, and to grow your business over the coming months and years, to ensure it’s a success, for you, your family, and of course for your 4 legged friends.
|Service offering||Sales guide|
Doggy day-care (scenario 1)
Assume you’re licensed for 24 dogs
Day-care daily charge of £23/dog
Doggy day-care (scenario 2)
Assume you’re licensed for 50 dogs
45 dogs in commercial day-care @£25 x 6 days/week x 50 weeks
= Sales: £337,500
Plus additional revenues from grooming and training (assume £35kpa)
(Some charge £37/day inc transport)
Don’t forget you also have costs and that these numbers don’t happen overnight
License fees, transport, fuel, phones/data bundle, transport insurance, property and transport lease/rental, depreciation on any Capex (fit out, toys), staffing, franchise fees or training, marketing and business insurance. And of course, there’s the tax man to pay.
Training and development programme
Day-Care (bespoke premises) franchise.
What’s involved in your training programme
How and when are we doing what parts of your training (mutual agreement)
|Introduction to MyWaggyTails||Who we are|
|What we do|
|How we help|
Other things to consider
Franchise fees, renewal, lifetime, royalties/subscription
How to contact MyWaggyTails
Planning your business
What goes into a business plan
Why it’s important
Start your business plan
Identifying suitable premises
Working through the local authority guidelines
Guidance on space planning
Guidance on materials, finishes and equipment
|The dog business|
Additional information sources
Day care – commercial and domestic
|Laws, regulations and bylaws|
What the laws say
Transport + insurance
Get your DBS check
|Skills and training||Face to Face|
3rd party: Canine First Aid, Behaviour and Welfare training, Day-Care
Who are your customers
What do potential customers want
Know your competitors
SWOT analysis of your competitors
Finding your Unique Selling Points
Market your business
Our brand, rules, assets – where to find them
Naming your business
What to say, how to say it
Family and friends
Word of mouth
Spreading the word
Marketing and lead generation we do
Marketing support we provide you
Local Area Marketing
Marketing you need to do: Awareness, relationship building, local promotion
Promotional materials inc promotional business cards and leaflets/flyers
Your web presence inc template and content creation
Social media and how to use it
Things to do to get business
Photos and videos
Measuring our marketing
Growing your business
|Operating your day-care business|
Your Operations manual
Licensing, audit, re-licensing, policies, processes, documentation, evidencing
Securing your property
Keeping your neighbours happy
Structuring your day
Emergency precautions – identification of escape routes; firefighting equipment – location and use
Electrical safety advice
Health & Safety – Lone Worker
Online enquiries, booking, Dog Information Form, Diary, Online forms
Terms and Conditions
How many dogs and what types will you host?
|3 Step Check|
|They say No|
Services and best ways of working
Equipment needed inc transport, play equipment, water, fencing, flooring, cooling, heating, flooring, walls/dividers, water and utility distribution
Transport – crates or harnesses, branded or not plus plus
Environmental hygiene – appropriate cleaning and considerations
From nothing to something
Terms and Conditions
Displaying your licence and insurance
Recruitment and training
Payment systems and management
Tax and National Insurance
Growing your business
Day Care Franchise
(Commercial day-care – bespoke premises)
What’s included in your licence fee and annual royalties/subscription.
A MWT franchise enables you to become part of a proven business model, which includes many benefits:
- License to use our trade marked logo and branding
- Comprehensive insurance each year
- Your own exclusive home boarding territory
- 5 years licence with automatic right to renew
- Helping you through the licensing regulations, preparing for the local authority licensing audit, preparing the necessary policies, processes and documentation and record management
- Guidance on different day-care types and suitable premises/venue
- Guidance on suitable vehicles, custom built van cage or harnesses and branded vehicle signage advice
- Introductory training and virtual training to include business, operational and technical training
- Specialist accredited training in canine first aid, welfare and behaviour
- Training and help to promote your business through social media, advertising and PR
- Branded clothing to showcase your professional pet care brand
- A low-risk, supported way to set up your own business
- Pre-launch, launch and continuing support and advice
- Your own area within the professionally designed mobile responsive MyWaggyTails website www.mywaggytails.co.uk
- A regular income stream, with repeat business as you build your reputation in your locality
- Business launch support
- Comprehensive pre and post launch local marketing support
- Tailor made individual area within the MyWaggyTails website
On-going support includes:
- Emergency phone support
- Networking and support from other franchise partners as our network grows
- Online financial management advice
- Online advertising campaign
- Professional PR agency support
Key Franchise Benefits
- No previous experience required
- High income potential rising from £45-120k+ per annum
- Full training in sales, marketing, administration and operational procedures, learning everything you need to run your own dog business.
- 3 days comprehensive training
- Comprehensive insurance for 5 years (exc premises)
- Ongoing training
- Ongoing support
- Marketing campaigns
- Use of all MyWaggyTails branding and content assets
- Lead generation
- Complete business start-up package
- Expert advice on the industry
The training internal and takes place over 3 days and includes:
- MyWaggyTails overview and the market place
- Laws, regulations and best practice
- Setting up and running your MyWaggyTails business
- 3rd party training for 2 key personnel
- Technical training
- Recruitment of staff
- The MWT booking system, 3rd party booking and management systems
- Sales and marketing
- Administration, accounts and reporting
The MyWaggyTails franchise includes the following:
- Trading under the MyWaggyTails brand name
- Use of the MyWaggyTails brand name and brand assets
- Your commercial day-care territory
- Networking with other franchisees
- Ongoing central support
- Complete start-up package – including stationery (promotional leaflets, promo business cards)
- Operations manual
- A dedicated & integrated web presence
- Your own page on the main website
- Your own email address
- MyWaggyTails booking system
- Social media profile set-up, content library and introductory training including Facebook, Instagram, Google My Business and Google Map and Bing
- 10,000 A5 Leaflets
- 2,000 promo business cards
- Dog first aid course (regional)
- Online advertising
- Corporate apparel (12x polo shirts and 12 x sweat shirts)
Other benefits include:
- A growing marketplace
- Trusted brand with 5-star ratings
- Regular, repeat custom
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle
Certificates: DBS/CRB check required for relevant persons (your cost).
Please note: A local authority day-care license is required in most locations and circumstances. We assist in this process.
A range of supplementary services and options are also available.
Are ready for adventure – whatever the weather?
Fit for the journey?
Providing the best doggy day-care in your locale
Building awareness and local area marketing
Our exciting franchise allows you the freedom to work in the growing pet care market. Your passion for pets, combined with professional training, will ensure that your clients receive the very best service.
MyWaggyTails – caring for dogs by people you can trust
Is pet-care right for you?
Think pet first! Even on wet, cold days when you’re feeling less than 100%. Can you? Will you?
Is a franchise right for you?
A franchise business isn’t for everyone. Even with comprehensive support from the centre, you will need to decide whether your skills, capabilities and personal motivation are right for this business. A franchise business requires…
Strength: You must be able to devote time and effort to building a presence with your local community. People do business with people they like, respect and trust.
Commitment: You must be sure that your family is prepared for your commitment (they may even be able to offer support). Equally, you need to be confident you can financially support yourself and your family whilst you get the business up and running to retain that commitment.
Investment: You need the financial resources to initially make it work. And of course, this can be helped by a bank. We have various options available for you to consider, to help you make this happen if this business is right for you.
Is running your own business right for you?
It can be lonely at the top (and at the bottom)
- Pro activity
- Being in charge of your own destiny
- Committed to starting your own business and making it succeed.
- Healthy – this business calls for fitness.
If a MyWaggyTails franchise sounds just the ticket, simply let us know!
Discuss the idea with your family. Prepare your questions, then when you’re ready, arrange to meet up with us for an exploratory chat. Who knows? It might be the start of an exciting new chapter.
Other Franchising options
Tel: 0203 962 20020
Registered address: PolkaDot Consulting Limited, 3rd Floor, 86-90 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NE
MyWaggyTails is fully insured. Licensed for Home Boarding and Day-Care by South Oxfordshire Council – Licence Number: 20174
This website and its content is copyright of Polkadot Consulting Limited (trading as MyWaggyTails)
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.