Estimated annual earnings after the 1st year of operation.
Home Boarding Franchise
Starts from £4,999
Fun and money. Working in an industry with big numbers and steady, even growth for the right people with the right approach and knowledge, means working with fun, loyal, loving customers. Many people want the best for the pets whether that’s walks, day-care, being well looked after when they’re away, grooming, training or healthcare. And they don’t always have the time to do it themselves.
Like everything, there are no guarantees in life. Location, premises, staff training, culture, breadth of commercial offering, competitive forces, pricing, pet demand and your own application all have their part to play.
Below is a basic guide, but you must do your own homework and corroborate our numbers and assumptions.
MyWaggyTails Home Boarding
(Home Boarding, Day-Care from Home, Dog Walking, Pet Sitting and Home Visits)
|5 Year Licence Fee – inc 25% off introductory fee||£4,999|
|Our ‘Helping hand’ staggered investment option|
Our ‘Helping Hand’ investment package lets you kick start your business with an initial investment for your licence of £2,999 + VAT, followed by 4 annual payments of £750 + VAT
Alternative fee options
|Lifetime licence*||£7,999 + VAT|
|5 Year renewal licence||£1,999 + VAT|
Annual royalties or subscription model
6% of all sales
(Management 4%; Marketing Support 2%)
|Annual subscription||£1,500 + VAT|
Included in your annual royalty/subscription: –
Not included in your annual royalty/subscription
See separate information sheet
|Correct as at April 2021|
MyWaggyTails provides you a ‘business in a box’. We take you through initial planning, help you understand your legal obligations, train you in dog first aid, canine behaviour and canine welfare as well as the key aspects of running a dog business, prepare the necessary documentation, providing your petcare insurance and getting you licensed, giving you your web presence and promotional literature, helping you launch your business to the local market, and to grow your business over the coming months and years, to ensure it’s a success, for you, your family, and of course for your 4 legged friends.
|Service offering||Sales guide|
Home boarding (scenario 1)
2 dogs in home boarding
Home boarding (scenario 2)
6 dogs in day-care @£20 each x 5 days/week x 48 weeks = Sales: £29k;
Home boarding (scenario 3)
10 dogs in home boarding @£25 x 5 days/week x 48 weeks
Don’t forget you also have costs and that these numbers don’t happen overnight
Transport, fuel, phones/data bundle, transport insurance, staffing, franchise fees or training, marketing and business insurance. And of course, there’s the tax man to pay.
Training and development programme
Home Boarding franchise (including Home Day-Care, Dog walking, Pet Sitting and Home Visits)
What’s involved in your training programme
How and when are we doing what parts of your training (mutual agreement)
|Introduction to MyWaggyTails||Who we are|
|What we do|
|How we help|
Other things to consider
Franchise fees, renewal, lifetime, royalties/subscription
How to contact MyWaggyTails
Planning your business
What goes into a business plan
Why it’s important
Start your business plan
Identifying suitable premises
Working through the local authority guidelines
Guidance on space planning
Guidance on materials, finishes and equipment
|The dog business|
Additional information sources
Day care – commercial and domestic
|Laws, regulations and bylaws|
What the laws say
Transport + insurance
Get your DBS check
|Skills and training||Face to Face|
3rd party: Canine First Aid, Behaviour and Welfare training, Day-Care
Who are your customers
What do potential customers want
Know your competitors
SWOT analysis of your competitors
Finding your Unique Selling Points
Market your business
Our brand, rules, assets – where to find them
Naming your business
What to say, how to say it
Family and friends
Word of mouth
Spreading the word
Marketing and lead generation we provide
Marketing support we provide you
Local Area Marketing
Marketing you need to do: Awareness, relationship building, local promotion
Promotional materials inc promotional business cards and leaflets/flyers
Your web presence inc template and content creation
Social media and how to use it
Things to do to get business
Photos and videos
Measuring our marketing
Growing your business
|Operating your day-care business|
Your Operations manual
Licensing, audit, re-licensing, policies, processes, documentation, evidencing
Securing your property
Keeping your neighbours happy
Structuring your day
Emergency precautions – identification of escape routes; firefighting equipment – location and use
Electrical safety advice
Health & Safety – Lone Worker
Online enquiries, booking, Dog Information Form, Diary, Online forms
Terms and Conditions
How many dogs and what types will you host?
|3 Step Check|
|They say No|
Services and best ways of working
Equipment provided inc Dog ID tags
Equipment needed inc transport
Transport – crates or harnesses, branded or not plus plus
Environmental hygiene – appropriate cleaning and considerations
From nothing to something
Terms and Conditions
Displaying your licence and insurance
Recruitment and training
Payment systems and management
Tax and National Insurance
Growing your business
Home Boarding Franchise
(including home day care, dog walking, home visits and pet sitting) What’s included in your licence fee and annual royalties/subscription.
A MWT franchise enables you to become part of a proven business model, which includes many benefits:
- License to use our trade marked logo and branding
- Comprehensive insurance each year
- Your own exclusive home boarding territory
- 5 years licence with automatic right to renew
- Helping you through the licensing regulations, preparing for the local authority licensing audit, preparing the necessary policies, processes and documentation and record management
- Guidance on suitable vehicles, custom built van cage or harnesses and branded vehicle signage advice
- Introductory training and virtual training to include business, operational and technical training
- Specialist accredited training in canine first aid and dog walking/canine behaviour
- Training and help to promote your business through social media, advertising and PR
- Branded clothing to showcase your professional pet care brand
- A low-risk, supported way to set up your own business
- Pre-launch, launch and continuing support and advice
- Your own area within the professionally designed mobile responsive MyWaggyTails website www.mywaggytails.co.uk
- A flexible lifestyle, based on your love of animals, that you can fit around your family
- A regular income stream, with repeat business as you build your reputation in your locality
- Business launch support
- Comprehensive pre and post launch local marketing support
- Tailor made individual area within the MyWaggyTails website
On-going support includes:
- Emergency phone support
- Networking and support from other franchise partners as our network grows
- Online financial management advice
- Online advertising campaign
- Professional PR agency support
Key Franchise Benefits
- No previous experience required
- High income potential rising from £12-50k+ per annum
- Full training in sales, marketing, administration and operational procedures, learning everything you need to run your own dog business.
- 2-3 days comprehensive training
- Comprehensive insurance for 5 years
- Working part-time or full-time
- Ongoing training
- Low overheads
- Ongoing support
- Run the business from home
- Marketing campaigns
- Flexible working hours
- Use of all MyWaggyTails branding and content assets
- Fits around the family
- Lead generation
- Complete business start-up package
- Expert advice on the industry
- The training takes place over 2/3 days and includes:
- MyWaggyTails overview and the market place
- Laws, regulations and best practice
- Setting up and running your MyWaggyTails business Technical training
- Recruitment of walkers and sitters
- The MWT booking system
- Sales and marketing
- Administration, accounts and reporting
The MyWaggyTails franchise includes the following:
- Trading under the MyWaggyTails brand name
- Use of the MyWaggyTails brand name and brand assets
- An exclusive dog walking, pet sitting and home visits territory
- Networking with other franchisees
- Ongoing central support
- Complete start-up package – including stationery (promotional leaflets, promo business cards)
- Operations manual
- A dedicated & integrated web presence
- Your own page on the main website
- Your own email address
- MyWaggyTails booking system
- Social media profile set-up, content library and introductory training including Facebook, Instagram, Google My Business and Google Map and Bing
- 2,500 A5 Leaflets
- 1,000 promo business cards
- Dog first aid course (regional)
- Online advertising
- Branded and personalised dog tags
- Corporate apparel (2x polo shirts and 2 x sweat shirts)
Other benefits include:
- A growing marketplace
- Trusted brand with 5-star ratings
- Regular, repeat custom
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle
Certificates: DBS/CRB check required for all persons involved (your own ‘notional’ cost).
Please note: A local authority dog home boarding license is required if offering boarding or day-care from your home as a service. We can assist in obtaining this.
A range of supplementary services and options are also available.
Are ready for adventure – whatever the weather?
- Fit for the journey?
- Home (invasion) boarding Home Day-Care
- Dog walking
- Pet home visits
- Pet sitting
- Pet taxi
Our exciting franchise allows you the freedom of working for yourself in the growing pet care market. Your passion for pets, combined with professional training, will ensure that your clients receive the very best service.
MyWaggyTails – caring for dogs by people you can trust
Is pet-care right for you?
- Think pet first! Even on wet, cold days when you’re feeling less than 100%. Can you? Will you?
Is a franchise right for you?
- A franchise business isn’t for everyone. Even with comprehensive support from the centre, you will need to decide whether your skills, capabilities and personal motivation are right for this business. A franchise business requires…
- Strength: You must be able to devote time and effort to building a presence with your local community. People do business with people they like, respect and trust.
Commitment: You must be sure that your family is prepared for your commitment (they may even be able to offer support). Equally, you need to be confident you can financially support yourself and your family whilst you get the business up and running to retain that commitment.
- Investment: You need the financial resources to initially make it work. And of course, this can be helped by a bank. We have various options available for you to consider, to help you make this happen if this business is right for you.
Is running your own business right for you?
It can be lonely at the top (and at the bottom) Self-employment requires…
- Pro activity
- Being in charge of your own destiny
- Committed to starting your own business and making it succeed.
- Healthy – this business calls for fitness.
If a MyWaggyTails franchise sounds just the ticket, simply let us know!
Discuss the idea with your family. Prepare your questions, then when you’re ready, arrange to meet up with us for an exploratory chat. Who knows? It might be the start of an exciting new chapter.
Other Franchising options
Tel: 0203 962 20020
Registered address: PolkaDot Consulting Limited, 3rd Floor, 86-90 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NE
MyWaggyTails is fully insured. Licensed for Home Boarding and Day-Care by South Oxfordshire Council – Licence Number: 20174
This website and its content is copyright of Polkadot Consulting Limited (trading as MyWaggyTails)
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.