General introduction to a franchise application
Getting to know a little more about you as a prospective franchise partner is one of the first things we are interested in. The initial franchise application process is a screening mechanism by which franchisors begin to determine your interest and qualifications/experience.
This is a good stepping off point for beginning the communication process. You should not only take this very seriously, but also expect to spend some time gathering the information and completing the application.
Most franchise applications include many of the same requests for information, and it can get quite detailed.
One of the fundamental requests you’ll discover will deal with the specifics of your current financial situation. The franchisor (MyWaggyTails) will want to know about your personal assets (and liabilities), for example, because they want to make sure you have enough financial resources to operate the business (and your family) in case it runs into unforeseen financial difficulty.
And it won’t just be your financial status the franchisor is concerned with. You will probably also be asked about your spouse’s financial state. Some franchisors will want to know if you have financial partners or backers. These are all important questions.
Again, the franchisor wants to be sure that you, your spouse, and your partners are prepared to make the financial commitment necessary to start and run a franchise business successfully.
Beyond finances, you’ll encounter detailed questions concerning your experience, education, background, and even aspirations. These questions are designed to help the franchisor determine whether or not you meet their profile. In other words, they want to know if you’re the kind of person they think will be able to run the business successfully and fit into their franchise system. They do this not only to protect their brand but also their existing franchisees.
Franchise applications are kept confidential and neither the franchisor nor the prospect is bound in any way by the submission of the initial application. Again, take the time to fully and accurately complete the application and return it to the franchisor promptly. You can then expect a quick response and most likely a telephone interview with a franchise representative.
Here’s what you can expect to find – and be asked – in a typical franchise application form and we’re no different:
- Detailed personal information: including all contact information and other biographical and character background.
- Business interests: they’ll want to know if you ever owned a business, have been involved in any kind of litigation/arbitration, or have any partners.
- Location preferences: will usually ask for cities/territories you’re interested in and any alternates you would consider as well as if you are open to relocation.
- Detailed employment history: where you have worked, what you did, for how long, and annual compensation.
- Educational background: and any other pertinent training/experience.
- Personal financial statement: assets, liabilities, net worth, source of income, and total income.
- General inquiry: many franchisors will want to know what you already know about them, their franchise opportunity, and why you are interested
This form will help you prepare and present your personal and business information which is essential for our consideration in granting a franchise license. Please complete it thoroughly. The information you provide will be held in the strictest confidence and completion of this form in no way constitutes a commitment to MyWaggyTails or that a franchisee applicant will be automatically awarded. We encourage you to share any relevant information and include anything that you find will make your candidacy stand out as a potential franchisee.
We’d like to learn more about you. A franchise relationship is a very special partnership and the rights to operate under the MyWaggyTails brand are for a considerable duration. So, it’s important that both parties are confident in each other’s ability and commitment to making the business grow and prosper.
Thank you again for your interest in MyWaggyTails.
This application is FREE and non-obligatory; we never share or sell your personal information.
MyWaggyTails does not discriminate in any way on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. Our policy and organisational culture is designed to create a safe and productive workplace environment for all franchisees and employees.
The Franchise Application Form
– and we know it is a bit of a faf(f), sorry, but it’s worthwhile 🙂
Tel: 0203 962 20020
Registered address: PolkaDot Consulting Limited, 3rd Floor, 86-90 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NE
MyWaggyTails is fully insured. Licensed for Home Boarding and Day-Care by South Oxfordshire Council – Licence Number: 20174
This website and its content is copyright of Polkadot Consulting Limited (trading as MyWaggyTails)
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.