Planning permission is not required for a dog walking business.
Home boarding and day-care
Planning permission may be required to run a home boarding and day care business from you home – in certain circumstances.
To run a business from your home, you may need permission from your:
- mortgage provider or landlord
- local planning office – eg if you’re planning on making major alterations to your home
- local council – eg if you’re going to get lots of customers or deliveries, you want to advertise outside your home or if you need a licence to run your business
The provider must ensure that all relevant planning and building control permissions are obtained before proceeding with a day-care licence application.
The separation distance between commercial day boarding and noise sensitive premises is an important consideration to avoid incompatible development.
Control, Custody and Care insurance is recommended if dogs are to be taken out from the establishment (e.g. for walks).
Tel: 0203 962 20020
Registered address: PolkaDot Consulting Limited, 3rd Floor, 86-90 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NE
MyWaggyTails is fully insured. Licensed for Home Boarding and Day-Care by South Oxfordshire Council – Licence Number: 20174
This website and its content is copyright of Polkadot Consulting Limited (trading as MyWaggyTails)
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.